If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]


International Health Certificates

Are you planning to travel to a foreign country or Hawaii with your pet?  If so, there are requirements that your pet must meet to be able to travel with you. These requirements are specific to the individual destinations. It is important to note that each country has time sensitive requirements and the process of completing the necessary paperwork can be lengthy.

Our veterinarians, here at the Russell Animal Hospital, have the required Federal Accreditation needed to complete the necessary International Health Certificate and paperwork. Our veterinary technicians are experienced in assisting our doctors in completing this paperwork.

The process for completing an International Health Certificate begins with a phone call to our office to indicate your travel plans with your pet.  You will be contacted by one of our veterinary technician who will research your destination's requirements and will formulate a plan that will help you meet the necessary requirements of travel. The veterinary technician will also create a timeline that can include physical examinations, medical treatments, gathering medical records and sending the completed International Health Certificate to the USDA for endorsement.  

For more information go to the following web site:  USDA APHIS PET TRAVEL